53 Stations Launches Inaugural $190M Fund to Cultivate a New Era of Enduring Businesses
Today, we’re proud to announce the launch of 53 Stations, a venture capital firm focused on investing in early-stage, tech-focused businesses across a range of industries in the US. 53 Stations is supported solely by The Pritzker Organization (TPO), and we’re bringing over 60 years of company-building expertise, the flexibility of a single LP, and the agility to meet the evolving needs of today’s entrepreneurs to Seed to Series B companies.
What sets us apart.
We understand that founders have an abundance of choice when it comes to selecting a venture partner to help grow and scale their businesses. We started 53 Stations to offer a unique approach, serving less as a traditional venture capital firm and more as a ‘whatever-it-takes’ service provider who’s in it for the long haul.
53 Stations sets itself apart by being:
- Embedded in a deep network of operators and investors from TPO and beyond, which allows us to provide our founders with the financial, human and/or social capital resources they need
- Able to provide unfettered access to scaled, successful businesses in the TPO portfolio, whose executives and managers can serve as advisors and potentially customers to our portfolio companies
- Unrestricted by investment mandates
- Capable of supporting and adding value to portfolio companies from the earliest stages of growth through IPO
We exist to support founders in exploring what comes next, providing a strong foundation to help them build enduring businesses.
Whom we invest in.
53 Stations prioritizes exceptional founders and leadership teams above all. We partner with founders who have the vision and discipline required to build companies that stand the test of time. We’re passionate about working with entrepreneurs in the early stages of their journeys to help them identify market opportunities and position themselves for long-term responsible growth and profitability.
Since our founding in 2022, we’ve invested in seven companies across five industries, including:
- Altana, an AI-driven platform that navigates the complexities of global trade compliance
- Black Buffalo, producer of smokeless tobacco alternatives
- Collective, an all-in-one financial solution, including a back-office platform that handles taxes and bookkeeping, tailored to the unique needs of freelancers and independent contractors
- Flux.AI, a developer of a modern, browser-based software platform to make hardware design easy
- Whisper Aero, a developer of advanced propulsion technologies that create cleaner, quieter, and more efficient thrust solutions for flight and air movement applications
We have recently partnered with more phenomenal founders, so stay tuned for the announcements on this channel.
Who are we?
The 53 Stations team is led by Jason Pritzker, Kevin King and Kelly Goldstein. We’ve had firsthand experience as founders, investors, and leaders of high-growth teams, and share a deep admiration and respect for entrepreneurs who seek to shape the future.
In fact, our respect for the entrepreneurial experience inspired the naming of our firm. 53 Stations references an ancient parable of continuous learning and application of wisdom. In the story, a young pilgrim seeking enlightenment engages with 53 teachers or stations on his path — each taught him something new and asked him to apply that wisdom on his journey. Our name 53 Stations serves as a tribute to a founder’s journey and a reflection of our ethos, which is rooted in being humble and engaging in the relentless pursuit and application of knowledge.
How to work with us.
53 Stations is headquartered in Chicago and our flagship $190M Fund I targets early-stage tech companies across the U.S. We both lead and co-invest, writing initial checks of $1M — $10M from seed to Series B stage.